Thursday, August 28, 2008

Locks can be a serious distraction


Travis needed a lock for his bike so he could ride it to the bus. Never did I know what kind of genius I had (hes 10). After purchasing his lock his whole focus was on how to change the combination of the lock. So we figured it out after soccer and scouts for the day. I explained to Travis that he would need to remember any combination he set it to. That evening after we had all gotten into our beds Ashton comes running into my room announcing "Travis can't figure out his combination to his bike lock". After hearing this I knew that soon would come into my room a pretty upset Travis. As predicted I could hear a very sad young man coming towards my room to announce his predicament. I was a prepared mom though and gave him the best advice I could think of and that was "try all the number combos that were as close to the one you had it set to before you messed it up" and of course "Say a Prayer". The following morning the lock remained locked. So a very disappointed Travis went to the bus stop without his bike. The only thing I could say to him was that maybe he would be hit by a car today so Heavenly Father didn't answer his prayers to figure it out before leaving for the bus. Then amazing of all things Travis comes home and announces after school today "I found out the combination to my lock" I was impressed apparently he had a friend tell him that it would be a simple thing to figure out all he had to do was try all the possible combinations from 1-9999 and he could do that within a couple of hours. Travis told me "It only took me a bus ride and a couple of recesses". Little to say I was a very impressed mom. I guess all you need is a little determination!

4 comments:

jenn gent said...

It is fun to hear about Travis! We are glad you are blogging. We miss you & love you! - Mike, Jenna & Anna Kate

Linda said...

That's quite a story--Travis must be a brilliant young man with a little help from above! (and from his smart Mom)

Ruthie said...

I love your blog! you need to update so I can have another great story to add to my collection! I'm a lucky Aunt

Kathryn said...

I am glad you are aboard. The blog looks great. No fair you have a secret weapon, aka Kevin to help you out.