Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Idea what to write about......

I know it has been a bit of time since I have blogged. I have no excuses except that I have been a really busy mom. I work evenings cleaning the American Fork Hospital and go to the gym every morning and clean the house and...... well you get the idea. I am working towards getting my nursing degree, and found a program here that will get me ready to take the NCLEX for Practical Nursing in a year. After talking to various programs in my area, none of them will accept my Anatomy and Physiology and other prerequisites that I did years ago. Then I found out about this program for LPN and they will take my previous classes. After I get my LPN I can apply to jump into a RN program without doing those prerequisites over. So doing things this way I will finish up my degree in Nursing one year sooner. I am unsure how its going to be working and going to school at the same time, especially when I have to be at school at 7:30 am and I get into bed after work at about 1:30. I hope my body adjusts to the new schedule quickly and I don't fall asleep while trying to study the materials from school. Along with trying to keep my kids feeling loved, fed, and nurtured. I guess we will find out this August. I am grateful that I have good family support helping me through this challenging time.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You have been on my mind the past few days. I'm so glad you blogged so I can find out how you are doing. Sounds like busy, but well. I'm so proud of you for going back to school. It will be tough but you can do it. You're a very strong woman. Let me know how I can help, even down here in Tucson. Love ya!